Monday, January 21, 2008

Quotes and Maverickisms

  • "Hey, I knew that methodology when it was still just a complaint." 
  •  "Experience trumps formal estimation." 
  •  "Smells like chicken!" 
  •  "We do not model for the sake of modeling; we model so that an implementation can be made."
  •  "Fundamentally most software development methodologies strive to improve communication and shorten the time of gaining experience." 
  •  "Experience is better than iterations." 
  •  "If you know what to do then why don't you do it?" 
  •  "Revolution is for visionaries. Evolution is for apes." 
  •  "You know with a flat-head screw driver, a pair of vice-grips, and a hammer you can fix almost anything but you can build almost nothing!" 
  •  "Definition of Shared Code: Code that someone else wrote that you don't trust." 
  •  "Don't tell me it is my problem and how you want it fixed. If it is my problem I will fix it the way I want." 
  •  "A sheep herder is a sheep manager. A shepherd is a sheep leader." 
  •  "Some people demand to be heard, some beg to be heard, and some are blessed to be heard." (Some are lucky to be heard!) 
  •  "Frustration is the mother of invention." 
  •  "Unless you take great risks how will I be able to rip you off?" 
  •  "Servers: What comes up must come down." 
  •  "Would you like some syrup with that waffle?" 
  •  "Oh yeah, I know what to do, code faster!" 
  •  "Of course I am lying, I can really do that in a week instead of three. Gosh, you caught me." 
  •  Manager : "If programmers produce code what do you think managers produce?" Programmer: "Hirudin?"
  • "How often do you send a hero into battle? Until they don't come back."

No comments: